When i saw this palette on the Sephora website i was immediately drawn to it, i love the color selection and don’t have a lot of matte eyeshadow palettes so i decided to try it out. The Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette includes twelve eyeshadows that are categorized into three quads, divided between neutral, cool, and warm.
The palette has a big mirror so it’s easy to travel with the only downside on this package is that it’s made out of lack matte black cardboard and it get’s dirty easily.
Here is a close-up.
Here are the swatches.
Neutral color quad
- Base shade: Laetus (creamy nude)
- Contour shade: Samael (dusty fawn)
- Define shades: Solas (espresso brown)
- Highlight shade: Lucius (soft beige)
Cool color quad
- Base shade: Lazarus (cool taupe)
- Contour shade: Saleos (smoky brown)
- Define shades: Shax (jet black)
- Highlight shade: Liberatus (pinkish ivory)
Warm color quad
- Base shade: Ludwin (peachy bronze)
- Contour shade: Succubus (rich rust)
- Define shades: Sytry (chocolate brown)
- Highlight shade: Latinus (golden bisque)
This palette has really good pigmentation and i love that you get tree quads in this palette also love the color selection. Some shades do feel dryer than others and are not as easy to blend on the skin, i wouldn’t recommend it to beginners just because you really have to blend them out nicely and it can be a bit harder at first.
Overall i like this palette, it’s my go to palette if i want a nice matte look but it’s not my favorite palette.
this palette retails for 48,00 USD or 45,00 euros on the sephora.com and sephora.fr website.
Let me know in the comments what you think of this palette.